Dr. Hauschka Care Concept • Your guide to getting started
Dr. Hauschka does things a little differently from what you may be used to, so this gives you the steps for your daily and weekly skin care rituals for a healthy, balanced, toned and radiant skin.
1) Cleansing Cream - for all skin conditions. Concentrated product, mix 1-2 cms with a little water to make an emulsion in the palms of your hands, then 'press & roll' it into your skin in a wave like motion, starting from forehead, moving down then middle of your face moving outwards in the direction of lymph flow. There’s an application video which makes it easier to understand below. Cleansing Cream is a deep cleanser after the night time regeneration and elimination phases of your skin. It's respectful of your skin's pH and hydrolipid layer, so your skin will feel cleansed but not stripped, it will feel comfortable.
2) Facial Toner for normal, dry, mature or sensitive skin or Clarifying Toner for oily or combination skin prone to pimples - close eyes and mist directly onto your skin. Our Toner isn't like a conventional toner that it used on a cotton pad to remove residual cleanser/make-up, it's a hydrating botanical treatment product.
3) Regenerating Serum, specific support for maturing skin. Only 1-2 pumps on skin still moist from Toner.
4) Moisturiser - see Finding Your Perfect Moisturiser
All our moisturisers are concentrated and are formulated to be applied as follows:
Warm around a pea size of your moisturiser between the palms of your hands. This melts the waxes and warms the oils ready for absorption. Clarifying Day Oil for oily or combination skin prone to pimples warm just 2-3 drops and apply. Revitalising Day Cream for dry, dehydrated, pallid or mature skin that needs enlivening, apply 1 pump for face, 1 pump for décolleté.
Apply to your skin gently or press with the palms of your hands on skin that's still moist from Toner. Our moisturisers are not designed to be applied to dry skin. Toner locks in hydration, aids absorption of your moisturiser and ensures even and economical application of your moisturiser.
5) Coverstick is our ‘must-have’ pimple product for any skin condition that experiences break-outs. Apply the moment you see a pimple and reapply regularly.
6) Foundation, if used for colour and care.
1) Give Eye Make-up Remover a shake to combine the two-phase product, moisten a cotton pad slightly, add Eye Make-up Remover and hold to your eye for a moment and gently swipe.
2) Soothing Cleansing Milk is your make-up remover and cleanses your skin from the dirt, dust and pollution your skin picks up during the day. Moisten face with water, apply one pump, remove with warm moist Cleansing Sponge or Organic Cotton Cloth. Secondary cleanse another pump.
You may prefer to use Cleansing Cream as your secondary cleanse, for a deeper cleanse.
Always complete your cleanse with splashes of cold water. This simple technique contracts a minute muscle next to the hair follicles, helping to remove any remaining dirt and it keeps your skin soft.
4) Regenerating Serum, 1-2 pumps applied on skin still moist from Toner, for mature skin, or use Night Serum, about the size of your little fingernail applied on skin still moist from Toner, which suits all skin conditions.
We don't agree with the use of night creams or eye creams at night, which is likely to give puffy eyes in the morning. It's important your skin has just Toner and Serum oil-free products that support your night time regeneration and elimination functions of your skin. Heavy night creams impede this natural process. One month, skin cell cycle is 28 days, on a Dr. Hauschka regime and you’ll need no more convincing. Wake up to revitalised and refreshed skin!
Weekly skin care rituals
We recommend to cleanse early in the evening, apply Cream Mask, including to eye contour area as an eye mask, leave on as long as possible to absorb, remove with a tepid moist cloth before bed.
Dr. Hauschka skin care and make-up
Natural and Organic
Experience the difference
Dr. Hauschka skin care has over 50 years of pioneering work in authentic holistic skin care, creating what we believe to be the most pure and effective natural and organic skin care products available today.
Formulations are created using the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for high vitality biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested botanical ingredients.
We have our own biodynamic medicinal plant garden and grow many other plants at our Demeter certified farm nearby. Where ingredients flourish in different climates we have in many cases instigated, and work with organic or biodynamic cultivation partnerships, with fair, socially responsible and ethical practices. See Dr. Hauschka Cosmos Values.
Product efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, application techniques, rhythmic processes, daily skin care rituals and care concept, plus our unique oil-free night care concept to wake with revitalised and refreshed skin in the morning.
Luxurious and performance skin care that delivers results while encouraging and supporting a healthy functioning, balanced, toned and radiant skin.
Dr. Hauschka has an extensive range of face care including Regenerating range to provide specific support for maturing skin, and also an extensive body care range.
Get back to nature - your skin will thank you for it!
Dr. Hauschka Quality
Truly 100% natural and/or organic skin care and make-up, NATRUE certified
Free from synthetic chemical fragrances, colours and preservatives
Free from mineral oils, silicone and PEG
Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
No animal testing
Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic cultivation, and are recovered under fair conditions