Who knew? The beauty benefits of Toner
Toner is the hidden gem of your Dr. Hauschka skin care regime. Yes, we know they’re often skipped for one reason or another, and they may not be considered as imperative in your morning and evening skin care rituals, however, Dr. Hauschka Toners are botanical treatment products, they are not like conventional toners that are used with cotton pads to remove last traces of make-up and cleanser.
8 Reasons why you should be including Dr. Hauschka Toner in your skin care rituals
1) Dr. Hauschka Toner helps to hydrate and regulate, refine and calm your skin. Easy to use, just close your eyes and mist 2-3 pumps directly onto your skin.
2) Toner is the first step to hydrating your skin, helping your skin to maintain elasticity.
3) Toner aids absorption of your concentrated Dr. Hauschka Moisturiser in the morning.
4) Toner ensures our highly concentrated Moisturisers (or Clarifying Day Oil) are applied evenly and economically. Our Day Care products are specifically formulated to be applied to skin that’s still moist from Toner, not to a dry skin.
5) Toner is also your night-time treatment product and aids absorption of oil-free intensive night care products, Night Serum or Regenerating Serum. Wake up to revitalised and refreshed skin in the morning.
6) Dr. Hauschka Toners are not drying to the skin.*
7) Toner may be used to set your make-up and give a more natural look.
8) Toner may be used to hydrate the skin at any time during the day. We keep a bottle in our desk drawer. It's also really useful to hydrate during air travel.
a) During the hot months we pop our Toners in the fridge for a super cooling and refreshing spritz when needed.
b) Dr. Hauschka Toner is a perfect after-shave product for guys as well!
Facial Toner contains Anthyllis, one of our key ingredients, which helps guide all skin conditions to a state of balance and strength. Witch Hazel bark and leaf extract for astringent capabilities, helping to refine your complexion.
Clarifying Toner contains Daisy and Nasturtium to minimise the appearance of blackheads and blemishes, visibly refine pores and reduce excessive oiliness. Anthyllis to balance your skin for a calm, even appearance. Calendula is healing, Echinacea has anti-bacterial properties, Daisy is anti-inflammatory, Horse Chestnut bark extract strengthens the walls of the blood vessels and promotes the circulation and also removes excess fluid from the tissues and makes them firmer and Witch Hazel for its astringent benefits.
*Why do some Dr. Hauschka Skin Care products contain alcohol?
Herbs and flowers are the core of Dr. Hauschka Skin Care preparations and many are extracted in a mixture of alcohol and water. Many medicinal plants are extracted in alcohol because it extracts the widest variety of plant constituents (the plant’s active ingredients). Alcohol also serves as a natural emulsifier, preservative and carrier, and helps ingredients penetrate the skin.
Our alcohol is not drying to the skin when part of a carefully formulated Dr. Hauschka composition, it’s derived from a fermentation and distillation process from organically grown wheat and is gluten-free. It helps eliminate the need for synthetic preservatives, tones and firms the skin. The amounts of alcohol used in the Dr. Hauschka products are regulated to prevent dryness occurring. Isopropyl alcohol is never used in Dr. Hauschka Skin Care products.
Dr. Hauschka Quality
Authentic natural and organic skin care and make-up, certified to NATRUE standards
Free from chemical/synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEGs
Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic (Demeter certified) cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
We don’t test on animals